Scholarship Application Guidelines
(if you have not yet read our basic Scholarship information please click here for that information)
We never want finances to stand in the way of qualified teams and we are happy to help with finances when we are able! We wish we could afford to help all who have an interest however we must be very careful how we invest our limited resources so we ask that you understand that we must choose those investments wisely. We have provided the following tips to help you succeed in your application process for therapy team scholarships. Please check back for updates. ...
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of animal aptitude and potential for therapy work, candidate commitment to the process of skills training and preparation, commitment to helping others, and financial need.
- Applicants can begin to demonstrate the required commitment to the process of training and preparation by taking the initiative to carefully read our Required Training & Registration and all other relative pages as directed before contacting us. Click HERE to open a window for that page which includes links to others.
- There is a plethora of information on this web site to help you. Your demonstration of your interest and commitment to training and preparation, personal responsibility, accountability and independent self motivation begins with seeking that information and following directions. Specific questions to clarify information provided on this web site are welcome. We are here to help you succeed! However applicants who simply ask; "How do I get involved?" or "I'm interested in receiving a scholarship, what do I do?" or "What will my dog (or other animal) have to do to be a therapy dog (*or other animal)?" or many other common questions that are easily answered here on our web site have not demonstrated the desired commitment to the process of training and preparation we look for in scholarship applicants by independently taking the initiative to carefully read the Required Training & Registration and all other relative web pages.
- Personal interviews will only be scheduled for applicants who have submitted all required documents.
- Applicants who have demonstrated commitment to training and preparation, personal responsibility, accountability and independent self motivation as described above will increase their chances of receiving a scholarship significantly. No matter how exceptional your animal may be - the handler is 50 % of the team but 100% responsible! Show us!